Greenville Workers' Compensation Lawyer

Greenville Workers' Compensation Law Firm Helps File Your Claim

How Do I File For Workers' Comp in South Carolina?

Workers' compensation provides compensation — including medical treatment and partial wages for time lost from work — when you are injured on the job. Job injuries can be physical or psychological, as long as they are incurred or exacerbated on the job. You must give notice of your injury due to the results of the accident immediately but no later than 90 days from the date of the accident. These benefits were specifically designed to protect workers and their jobs in case accidents happened on the job.

These benefits include:

  • Medical care and treatment
  • Partial wages during recovery/rehabilitation
  • Benefits in the event of partial or permanent disability
  • Benefits to dependents in the event of the worker's death
  • Mileage reimbursement

Although this may all seem relatively simple, the workers' compensation program can be complicated or even seem unfair to some employees. Maybe your employer discourages employees from filing for workers' comp, or your employer's insurance company denies your compensation altogether. If this happens to you, contact a Greenville workers' comp attorney as soon as possible. David Yokel is experienced in employee law and will take the necessary steps to get your workers' compensation case back on track to get you the benefits you deserve.

Filing for Workers' Compensation

The first step in a successful workers' comp case is filing correctly from the start. You should begin filing your claim as soon as you're injured, or as soon as you are diagnosed with an illness you developed on the job. Ensure you follow these steps if you're injured in the workplace.

  • Notify your employer of the injury
  • Seek medical assistance and make sure you tell your physician that the medical condition is the result of an injury while working. Be specific on how the accident occurred.
  • If the injury is an occupational illness or repetitive stress/physical injury, give notice within 90 days of the date you discovered or should have discovered your injury was a work-related condition
  • Your employer should file a workers' comp claim on your behalf within 10 days of your notification
  • If your employer fails to do this, you can file one on your own, or contact a workers' comp attorney to assist you
  • You are required to see a doctor chosen by your employer or a doctor chosen by your employer's insurance company
  • If your claim is denied, never filed, or if you believe you are not receiving all the benefits you are owed, you have the right to a hearing

In the event you do decide to dispute any decision made regarding your workers' compensation, it's in your best interest to contact an experienced work injury attorney for knowledgeable support. Or, if you are unsure if you have a valid workers comp claim, call the Yokel Law Firm for answers to your questions.

Look to the Yokel Law Firm for Workers' Comp Assistance

The Yokel Law Firm believes that injured workers deserve fair treatment under the law if they're injured on the job. Contact us today at 864-240-2066 if you need assistance in receiving the compensation you deserve. We're ready to help.